If you like the sound of working for a progressive firm like elringtons, we are always happy to hear from you or receive your curriculum vitae; but please be aware that we do not employ just anyone. We will only be the best by employing the best – so if you aspire to greater heights, we are particularly interested in hearing from you.
Law Clerk / Paralegal
elringtons has a vacancy for a Law Clerk / Paralegal to work initially in our Queanbeyan office. It is an ideal opening for a law student in the penultimate year or undertaking their GDLP or recent graduates. The successful candidate will be joining an accomplished administration team working to property and estate planning lawyers. You may be required to work in the Canberra office from time to time.
- Clerical / paralegal assistance to the Property & Conveyancing Team
- Clerical / paralegal assistance to the Wills & Estate Team
- Relief and rostered assistance in the Administrative Support with reception, copying, mail, accounts, banking etc (Queanbeyan & Canberra)
- Australian drivers licence
- Proficient in Office Excel
- Familiar with Lexis Nexis
- Previous office experience will be an advantage
- Legal experience will be an even bigger advantage
- Proactive, multi-tasker who can demonstrate initiative
- Someone with excellent file management skills
- Robust – this can sometimes be a demanding position
- A great communicator – with your team and with clients
- A sense of humour – we don’t want to be too serious all the time
We are flexible around university timetables however this position requires a minimum of 3 full days per week. Candidates who cannot offer full days cannot be considered. Candidates who can offer more than 3 days will be at an advantage. Opening hours are from 8:30am to 5:30pm. Additional hours may be required from time to time.
Please email a cover letter setting out why you think this position is suitable for you, attach your resume or CV, your academic record, and referee details. As we receive large numbers of applications for these positions, you may only be contacted if you are shortlisted.
Applications close: 30 Nov 2017
For further information contact: