Imogen joined elringtons’ Litigation team in 2017. Prior to joining elringtons, Imogen worked as a lawyer in the Australian Public Service, most recently in the Department of Employment’s Corporate Legal team. In that role, she provided advice to clients in both the Department and Minister’s office on a range of matters, including information law and privacy, social security law, employment law and legal risk management.
Imogen has always been interested in advocacy and working at elringtons offered the right platform for her to showcase skills in this regard. She prepares every case in great detail to make sure her clients receive the best service.
Prior to completing university, Imogen worked on a range of civil and criminal matters during her practical legal placements in the Newcastle region, including with Legal Aid NSW and Aboriginal Legal Service.
Imogen’s practice includes:
- Civil and commercial litigation
- Employment law
- Personal injury matters
- Traffic offences
- Criminal matters
- Administrative law claims
- Debt recovery
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Bachelor of Arts (with Distinction) (University of Newcastle, 2011)
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Diploma of Legal Practice (University of Newcastle, 2013)
- Member of ACT Law Society
- Admitted as a Lawyer of the Supreme Court of NSW
- Barrister and Solicitor of the ACT Supreme Court
Outside work, Imogen loves baking, animals and travel, is a busy member of Canberra’s local theatre community and is still (somehow) an avid Newcastle Knights supporter.
e: firstname.lastname@example.org | p: 02 6206 1300