Safety First in Family Law Plan announced 23 October 2019
WLSA, in conjunction with family violence campaigner Rosie Batty, today launched the Safety First in Family Law campaign in Melbourne.
The Safety First plan, which includes five recommendations for reforming the family law system, can be implemented right now, and is based on research, evidence and key recommendations from previous family law inquiries.
Safety First: Five changes that need to happen NOW to make the family law system safer
● Strengthen family violence response in the family law system
● Provide effective legal help for the most disadvantaged
● Ensure family law professionals have real understanding of family violence
● Increase access to safe dispute resolution models
● Overcome the gaps between the family law, family violence and child protection systems.
|Media Release||Media_Release_231019 (97 KB, pdf)|
|Safety First in Family Law Plan||Safety_First_in_Family_Law_Plan (182 KB, pdf)|
|Safety First in Family Law One Page Brochure||Safety_First_in_Family_Law_One_Page_Brochure (129 KB, pdf)|