At Elringtons Lawyers, our highest priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff, our clients and our communities. Elringtons is constantly monitoring the evolving situation and will continue to review and revise measures to protect our clients, staff and visitors. We have implemented safeguards that meet official Australian Government COVID-19 guidelines.
During COVID-19 concerns, we are continuing to operate through these challenging circumstances on a “business as usual” basis. Our priority is to ensure the safety of our clients, staff and others we work with.
- Some staff working remotely and some still in our offices.
- Enhanced our contact channels by way of phone and email and added video meetings, if required.
- Implemented strict practices of hygiene, cleaning and sanitization.
- Followed all social distancing rules, along with all Federal and State Government instructions on how to protect ourselves and clients.
- Implemented new procedures for receiving your instructions and signing documents.
We will continue to manage the situation to ensure we meet your expectations in your matter in the safest way possible.
Your business is important to us during these trying times and we encourage you to discuss any concerns you may have with our staff.
As part of the recommended social distancing measures Elringtons will endeavor to hold client meetings via video conferencing or phone call, if possible.
- Clients and visitors who been unwell, travelled overseas recently or been into contact with anyone that has travelled overseas or been unwell with Coronavirus symptoms should contact us by phone to make alternative arrangements to meet via telephone or video conference
- Our people will be limiting face to face client contact by making alternative arrangements, where possible.