The Australian Government is establishing a COVID-19 Vaccine Indemnity Scheme to help guide potential claims through a no-fault claims process scheme.
This scheme has been announced in response to calls from the Australian Medical Association (AMA), the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and medical indemnity insurers to provide extended coverage for health professionals and patients in what are indeed unprecedented times.
For more information, please see our articles:
For similar or further information, see:
- Department of Health article on COVID-19 indemnity scheme
- RACGP article on no-fault indemnity scheme
- The Conversation legal article on indemnity scheme
- ABC article on update regarding indemnity scheme
- AMA article on indemnity scheme