Gemma joined elringtons’ Family Law team in 2018.
Gemma was admitted into practice to the NSW Supreme Court in 2016 and has been working in family law since. Gemma studied at Western Sydney University and at the College of Law. Originally from Western Sydney, Gemma has worked in boutique family law firms in Penrith and Canberra prior to joining Elringtons.
In 2010, Gemma was awarded the Caltex Best All Rounder Award in recognition of her excellence in a range of areas including academia, sport, community involvement, attitude and leadership. Gemma is a true “all-rounder”, is always up for a challenge and endeavors to ensure that clients matters are handled efficiently. Gemma understands that separation can be difficult and is able to assist you and help navigate through the legal process.
Gemma has experience in Alternative Dispute Resolution and strives to assist clients with resolving any disputes outside the court room. However, Gemma is also capable of representing your case in the court room when necessary. Collaborating with fellow colleagues and practitioners is often a form of practice that Gemma adopts.
Gemma has a particular interest in and specialises in the following:
- Parenting matters
- Property settlement
- Alternative dispute resolution practices
- Spousal maintenance
- Family and domestic violence
- Care and Protection proceedings
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Law/ Bachelor of Social Science
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Admitted to NSW Supreme Court
- Admitted to High Court of Australia
- ACT Law Society member
- ACT Practising certificate
- Member of Family Law Section, Law Council of Australia
- Volunteers at the Women’s Legal Centre