How to choose the best family lawyer for you –
A list of ten top questions is included to ask your family law solicitor during your initial interview:
- How long have you been in practice? What percentage of your practice is family law? Are you an Accredited Family Law Specialist?
- Have you considered using mediation? Do you prefer to negotiate and settle or fight it out in court?
- Will you be doing the work yourself? If not, who will?
- How much is the deposit? Is it refundable? How does it work?
- What are your hourly rates? What about court time? What other costs are included? What is your estimate of the approximate overall cost of this case?
- Will you send me itemised bills on a monthly basis including detail of time spent on the case?
- Is there a payment schedule? What is it?
- Do you carry practice insurance? How much?
- Will you agree to discuss any disputes about case management or fees as they may arise between us?
- What do you expect of me?
At elringtons, we have a team of experienced family lawyers including Carlos Turini, accredited as a family law specialist by the Law Society of New South Wales.
At the initial interview, we will answer those questions or, in any case, provide the information suggested by those questions. We expect that there will be numerous more questions from our client about his/her case which we will answer during the initial interview plus we will provide an analysis with respect to all aspects of the case.
For more information or to make an appointment please contact:
Carlos Turini at: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Phone the Family Law Team on (02) 6206 1300