How to choose the best family lawyer for you –
A list of ten top questions is included to ask your family law solicitor during your initial interview:
- How long have you been in practice? What percentage of your practice is family law? Are you an Accredited Family Law Specialist?
- Have you considered using mediation? Do you prefer to negotiate and settle or fight it out in court?
- Will you be doing the work yourself? If not, who will?
- What is your estimate of the approximate overall cost of this case?
- What are your hourly rates? What other costs and expenses are included? What about photocopies, faxes, Court filing fees and other Court fees?
- Will you send me itemised bills on a monthly basis including detail of time spent on the case?
- Is there a payment schedule? What is it?
- Do you carry practice insurance? How much?
- Will you agree to discuss any disputes about case management or fees as they may arise between us?
- What do you expect of me?
At the initial interview, we will answer those questions or, in any case, provide the information suggested by those questions. We expect that there will be numerous more questions from our client about his/her case which we will answer during the initial interview plus we will provide an analysis with respect to all aspects of the case.
For more information or to make an appointment with a Family Law Solicitor in either our Canberra or Queanbeyan office contact:
Family Law Accredited Specialist Carlos Turini: