Elringtons has long provided professional services to local councils in New South Wales and private individuals alike. We deliver legal services across a range of local government issues including:
- Council planning functions, including subdivisions, town planning, and wind farms
- Tendering and procurement;
- Environmental planning and development, including appeals to the Land and Environment Court;
- Opening, closing and widening of roads;
- “Paper Roads”, reserved Crown Roads, what are they? What are my rights?
- Approval of strata plans ;
- Compulsory and agreed acquisition of land;
- Land Acquisitions (Just Terms Compensation Act)
- Classification of land;
- Zoning and permissible land uses under planning controls;
- What do current zones allow?
- Leasing and licensing of Council’s operational and community land
- Employment, contractual management, work and safety, workplace issues and insurance.
- Easements and Restrictive covenants
For more information or to make an appointment in either our Canberra or Queanbeyan office:
p: 02 6206 1300 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org