If you like the sound of working for a progressive firm like elringtons, we are always happy to hear from you or receive your curriculum vitae; but please be aware that we do not employ just anyone. We will only be the best by employing the best – so if you aspire to greater heights, we are particularly interested in hearing from you.
Family Law Solicitor
What we Need
- Someone who’s been working with, for or against lawyers for at least 2 years (2 PQE)
- Someone who can argue and act (in court – for our clients!) making sure our clients get their fair share.
- Someone who has been to court – and likes it.
- Someone who knows when to go to court – and when not to.
- Someone who knows their worth and the value of what they need to do for our clients.
- Someone who can help our clients transition from separation to independence
- Someone who can help protect our client’s privacy, financial position and children
Who we are
Elringtons is a prominent and well known law firm serving Canberra and its wider community since 1897. We practice in many areas of law and consider ourselves a team of teams, sharing our knowledge and expertise firm wide.
As a Family Law solicitor you will:
- Be part of a close knit team, delivering a range of litigated and non-litigated solutions to clients;
- Work autonomously on your own files, including conducting litigation in a number of jurisdictions;
- Be exposed to a broad range of legal matters, including complex parenting, property, surrogacy, parentage, family violence and care matters;
- Develop your skills as a negotiator, and work collaboratively with other practitioners across various alternative dispute resolution platforms;
- Develop your advocacy skills through regular court appearance work in litigation across a number of jurisdictions including – Federal Circuit Court, Family Court, Children’s Court, Magistrates Court and NSW local courts
- Receive comprehensive support from senior solicitors and a specialist paralegal team.
commensurate with your experience, you will have the opportunity to provide mentoring and supervision to junior solicitors.
Skills & Experience
The successful applicant will:
- Have PQE of at least 2 years or more
- Be an experienced litigator looking to take your career to the next level or someone who is comfortable in Court and eager to grow their skills as an advocate;
- Want to develop and hone your skills alongside experienced senior practitioners, to be the best you can be.
- Have a natural affinity with clients, enabling you to grow and develop your client base;
- Have a real attention to detail and pride yourself on the quality of service you provide your clients
What’s on Offer
- A fantastic opportunity to join our vibrant team of lawyers and support staff, dedicated to doing the best for and by our clients.
- Flexible Working Arrangements can be accommodated
- Attractive remuneration that you can grow
- An opportunity for career progression into senior roles for the right person with longer term possibilities of becoming an equity partner.
- A fun office with a fair boss who will spend time with you
- One of the best views in Canberra
- Never a boring day – we turn up in multiple jurisdictions, courts and tribunals.
For more information or to apply for this role please contact: