Who we are
Elringtons is a prominent and well known law firm serving Canberra and its wider community since 1897. We practice in many areas of law and consider ourselves a team of teams, sharing our knowledge and expertise firm wide.
If you like the sound of working for a progressive firm like elringtons, we are always happy to hear from you or receive your curriculum vitae; but please be aware that we do not employ just anyone. We will only be the best by employing the best – so if you aspire to greater heights, we are particularly interested in hearing from you.
Family Law Solicitor
- Join our well established and highly regarded team
- Work alongside experienced practitioners
- Enjoy mentoring and opportunities for development, growth and a genuine career path
Elringtons is a well-established and well known law firm serving Canberra and its wider community since 1897. We practice in many areas of law and consider ourselves a team of teams, sharing our knowledge and expertise firm wide.
As a Family Law solicitor you will:
- Be part of a close knit team, delivering a range of litigated and non-litigated solutions to clients;
- Work autonomously on your own files, including conducting litigation in a number of jurisdictions;
- Be exposed to a broad range of legal matters, including complex parenting, property, surrogacy, parentage, family violence and care matters;
- Develop your skills as a negotiator, and work collaboratively with other practitioners across various alternative dispute resolution platforms;
- Develop your advocacy skills through regular court appearance work in litigation across a number of jurisdictions including – Federal Circuit Court, Family Court, Children’s Court, Magistrates Court and NSW local courts
- Receive comprehensive support from senior solicitors and a specialist paralegal team.
Skills & Experience
The successful applicant will:
- Have 3+ years PQE
- Be an experienced litigator or someone who is comfortable in Court and eager to grow their skills as an advocate;
- Want to develop and hone your skills alongside experienced senior practitioners, to be the best you can be.
- Have a natural affinity with clients, enabling you to grow and develop your client base;
- Have a real attention to detail and pride yourself on the quality of service you provide your clients
What’s on Offer
- A fantastic opportunity to join our vibrant team of lawyers and support staff, dedicated to doing the best for and by our clients
- Flexible working arrangements
- Attractive remuneration commensurate with experience
- Study support
If you would like to apply for this position please send your resume and covering letter to: