Personal Injury

elringtons’ has served the Canberra and Queanbeyan region for over 50 years providing specialist expertise in compensation claims for injuries suffered:
  • at work.
  • in a motor vehicle accident.
  • on public or private property.
  • as a result of medical negligence.
  • as a result of a death, through a  compensation to relatives claim.
  • in catastrophic injury claims.
If you’ve been injured or become ill because of someone else’s actions, you may be entitled to personal injury compensation

How will a Personal Injury Solicitor help me?

Personal injury claims are usually unique to your situation. The only effective way to answer your questions is to make an appointment with one of our Personal Injury solicitors; they will be able to talk to you, learn the specifics of your injury and your situation and advise you accordingly.

In general to have a valid claim the following will apply:

  • You have suffered an injury or damage (this may be physical or even psychological) or developed a disease or become ill.
  • Your current situation was the result of negligent actions or inactions by a third party such as an individual, a business, or a body such as a government department.
  • You will should be able to demonstrate that the third party acted negligently i.e. acted in a less than responsible manner than you might reasonably have expected and ‘but for’ that act or or omission of the third party you would not have suffered the damage you did .

Our Personal Injury Lawyers have a proven track record for successful claims, we pride ourselves on our high quality of legal service and advice.  Our skilled negotiators have excellent results in resolving disputes with the insurance companies.  We have also taken our clients’ cases to the appeal courts and High Court.  We are prepared to fight for our clients’ rights to fair compensation.

In the first instance our solicitors will work with you discuss the possible outcomes of your compensation claim and how they see your matter would progress and possibly the time it will take.  In addition we will try to provide a summary of the cost of preparing and presenting your compensation case.  The summary will include our fees and other expenses (disbursements).  Disbursements are things like barristers fees, medical reports and other costs necessary to present the claim.  We will also discuss expenditures that may be recoverable from the other party.

When should I contact a Personal Injury Lawyer?

You should seek legal advice as soon as possible after suffering an injury to find out about any applicable time limits.

For more information or to make an appointment in either our Canberra or Queanbeyan office contact Matthew Bridger – Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury:

Matthew Bridger | e: | p: 02 6206 1300